Friday, February 19, 2010

NomNoms: New Place for the Week #3 - Spago (Los Angeles)

Being one to take advantage of most opportunities, I took the opportunity to experience what is arguably the most famous restaurant in Los Angeles for my final DineLA meal: Spago.

For me, Spago did not disappoint. The wait staff was phenomenal and made diners feel comfortable. The food was plentiful. Our orders was huge and if that's not enough, the bread guy came back to offer more and more and more bread of varying varieties. The lavash and walnut bread were amazing. I'm also a sucker for any sourdough or olive bread. 

My dining companion shared each dish even though that might be a little bit of a faux pas. I'm a foodie blogger, so I have to try everything. The raviolini was rich and smooth. The pork terrine was just okay.

 
 Wild Mushroom Raviolini With Mascarpone And Reggiano

  
 Pork Terrine

Aren't your portions supposed to be the size of your fist? The rack of pork was the size of my head but it was also quite tasty. The short ribs on the other hand had a delicious sauce that I kept on eating and eating. 

  
 Roasted Rack of Kurobuta Pork 

  
Slow Braised Beef Short Ribs

I felt bad that I ordered the date cake because it was like nothing I had ever tasted before. It had the consistency of a bread pudding but that wasn't what it was. By then, I was so full that I barely had any of the apple tart. The pastry was flaky and buttery but definitely didn't hold a candle to the date cake. 

  
Medjool Date Cake
 
Apple Vol au Vent 

Spago 
176 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 

No comments :