Tuesday, February 02, 2010

NomNoms: 26 Beach (Los Angeles)

Matt's flight to Washington, DC (the flight that made it official. He wasn't living in LA no mo's) didn't leave until 1 p.m., so I wanted to make our final living-in- LA-together meal something special. I found 26 Beach with the help of Yelp. It sounded ridiculously cute and they had a whole entire section of the menu dedicated to FRENCH TOAST.

As we arrived, my eye caught the shabby chic outdoor/indoor patio and I had to be seated there. All around were adorable knick-knacks, miss matched chairs, plates adorning the walls. One wall was exposed brick with a mural painted over it! There was also a shrubbery-covered fire place. It was like a cool girl's collection of stuff. 

Outdoor patio
 
The patio's fireplace

It was too bad that my expectations were way too high. I was extremely disappointed by the quality of the food. I ordered the lemon ricotta french toast with raspberry drizzle and blueberries. The bread was way too dense and there was too much ricotta. It was an ice cream scoop of ricotta.

 
Lemon ricotta French toast

Matt ordered the crab royale, which I also found to be unappealing. I didn't even want to take more than a couple of bites of it. Their bloody mary was very tasty, on the other hand. 

 

It's too bad because I really thought 26 Beach had the makings of a place I could regular. I really wanted to fall in love with it. The place was amazing and the food had eye appeal, but it just wasn't good food.

26 Beach 
3100 Washington Blvd
Venice, CA 90291

No comments :