Monday, January 18, 2010

Today's Delight: Paulette and Kyochon

It's been a rainy three-day weekend, but that didn't keep me from crossing off a couple of items from my "Things to do/eat before I leave LA" list. I realized that a majority of the items on my list are related to eating. Just goes to show how important that is to me!

Originally, I had grand plans to venture to Koreatown and get a naked scrub down, but I realized that I'm still feeling sick and I didn't think I would be gaining any fans by being the sick naked girl. Instead, I visited Paulette Macarons in Beverly Hills and picked up four little hamburgers of love.  I was quite the fan of Boule on La Cienega but they closed down last year. Macarons seem to fit in the same category as Sprinkles for me - the affordable luxury. Sprinkles cost $3.25 a piece and Paulette's macarons cost $1.60 a piece. Something that is way overpriced but you can still afford to get it (once in a while).

The flavors I picked up were earl grey (green), violet cassis (purple), rose, and lemon.  



I also made a trip to the Westfield Culver City mostly to get some Kyochon Chicken. I was surprised by how much better the mall is now. There is a Best Buy, Target, and H&M! I also picked up something for my honey for Valentine's Day at Frederick's. Bom chicka wah wah.


I've heard very mixed things about KyoChon. It's overpriced and not filling. Both are probably true, but I found the soy garlic chicken to be yummy! I got 10 pieces half spicy and half soy garlic for $9.99.






Paulette Macarons
9466 Charleville Boulevard at Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212


KyoChon
6000 Sepulveda Blvd
Culver City, CA

No comments :