Tuesday, January 26, 2010

NomNoms: New Place for the Week #1 - Barbix (Los Angeles)

So I've discovered a little conflict of self-interest. I'm trying to lose 5 pounds in six months, but I'm also trying to do all the things in LA that I've been wanting to do before I leave in six month. What is a girl to do??? So I've decided that I'm only allowed to eat out four times a week and I can go to one new place each week, so that is roughly 26 new places to try.

My first "New Place for the Week" was Barbix in Silverlake. My friend and I both had eaten relatively recently so we just ordered two small plates to share with our glasses of wine. We both found the wine bar to be charming and spent about three hours talking in this comfortable atmosphere. The food was quite good too. The bar was continually busy and turned over customers very quickly. 



Roasted cauliflower salad


 Sicilian Veal Meatballs
Barbix
2442 Hyperion Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90027

No comments :