Wednesday, March 11, 2009

NomNoms: Square One Dining (Los Angeles)

A couple of weekends ago, it was in the 80's! I, of course, busted out my spring dresses and skirts and enjoyed a Sunday late morning brunch with my favorite person. Our breakfast M.O. is to order one salty dish and one sweet dish and then proceed to eat off of each other's plates, reaching across the table with fork and knife.

Sweet dish: Brioche French toastie with banana-citrus caramel. It was ridiculously good. The bread looks like it would get all soggy under that syrup but it managed to keep it's texture. The citrus gave a good contrast and it wasn't overly sweet! Yummy yum yum!


Salty dish: baked eggs with braised mustard and collard greens, mushrooms, and gruyere on grits. I am not a fan of the grits but I am of the greens!


Square One Dining
4854 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90029

No comments :