Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NomNoms: Cafe Verona (Los Angeles dining)

When it comes to breakfast foods, I always find myself in the predicament of choosing something savory or something sweet. Cafe Verona definitely satisfies my desire for salt. I also love it's outdoor patio on a sunny Sunday morning. They also have a nice outside/inside patio under a canopy with lots of greenery and a little fountain. Cafe Verona has all of my must-haves: serene ambiance, a hidden gem, and wonderful food. The frittatas are like no other frittata I've had. I usually find them to be ugly and eggy messes but here they are like little breakfast pizzas and what can I say about the polenta. Polenta is such an easy dish to ruin but, here, it's light and creamy! Their coffee is not very good though. Even the waiter thinks so.

Frittata Verona - turkey sausage, eggplant, red pepper, zucchini,
and mozzarella with a side of sweet potato mash

Polenta con Uova - polenta with roasted tomato and two eggs

Cafe Verona
201 S. La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036

No comments :