Friday, January 09, 2009

Baby Beets (Trader Joe's Friday)

Sorry for the lack of posts. I have been trying to move out of my place and am now not trying to move out for another few months.

Over the last few years, I have discovered how nom nom beets are. When I was younger, my dad would eat beets with salad and I thought they looked funny. Then a day came along in Australia when I was served a salad and there was a beet inside it! Actually, those crazy Aussies put beets on everything. That day changed my view on this now-fashionable root vegetable.

I have tried to roast beets many many times in the past without great results. My fingers would also wind up being red for days from peeling these little buggers! Trader Joe's is saving me hours of roasting now because they have already prepared beets. Now I can enjoy them whenever I like!

No comments :