Tuesday, March 02, 2010

NomNoms: Westside Tavern (Los Angeles)

Do you ever dream about certain foods and constantly find yourself thinking about them? I had been dreaming about Westside Tavern's chicken liver mousse for weeks and weeks. When Matt unexpectedly appeared in town, I begged him to go there with me.

The chicken liver mousse is so rich and thick and there is so much of it. Smear it on some perfectly toasted slices of bread and add a little sweet apple chutney and delicious-ness occurs. 

Since I was planning to bogart the mousse to myself, I only ordered a half dozen oysters for the rest of my meal.

  
Jar of chicken liver mousse

The horseradish seafood sauce was ridiculous. I wish I hadn't even wasted an oyster trying the other sauce. I don't even know what it was. 
 
Half dozen oysters

I only tried a bite of the pot roast and don't remember much about it. It looks pretty though. I couldn't try more because Matt was sick and I was preoccupied by the mousse.

 
Beef short rib pot roast

10850 West Pico Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90064

No comments :